Thursday, December 21, 2006
I recently attended a Christmas party of married couples. None of them, except my wife, are close friends of mine. The host had us play a version of the newlywed game. They asked the men questions, then compared their answers with the women. Then they reversed the roles.
Some example questions:
1. What is his favorite band?
2. If she could go anywhere for a trip, where would it be?
3. Where did you meet and in what year?
4. When did you first have sex? (month and location)
5. If she could have sex with anyone other than you, who would she pick?
They asked 10 questions in all. We got five of them correct and I would have protested for a sixth, but I'd like to save my protesting for important things.
We were tied for first place going into the last question. But we ruined our efforts with overconfidence. They let us bet all or nothing. We bet it all and lost.
The game was entertaining and I felt more comfortable with the other couples afterward.
Have any of you been forced to play similar games?
- ► 2012 (31)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2008 (140)
- ► 2007 (161)
- ▼ December (12)