Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Terminology

The bike trails were plowed very nicely today. I rode in with a slight tail wind and I felt great. I had that feeling like a little kid zooming around.

I've always been fascinated by the little overhang of snow that forms on the front of front fender. I've posted photos of it before and they received as many comments as my rhododendron photos (not many).

Too bad! Here's another photo and I claim a new term: snow tongue. The snow tongue in the photo is about 5mm and indicates the trails were plowed really well. Last week, the snow tongue was so long (about 15mm) it fell off under its own weight, but quickly built up again.

7 comments:

Jim Thill said...

In the interest of science, you should flip the tire to see if it makes any difference to have the tread going the other way.

Eclectchick said...

(resorting to name-calling in lieu of finding something intelligent to say)

Snow geek.

Reflector Collector said...

You should come up with a term for the snow that comes shooting out of the fender when traveling at a high velocity through the snow on the streets. The "snow-thrower" effect.

Anonymous said...

no comment

Jim Thill said...

Oh, the irony!

Anonymous said...

"the horror"

Frostbike said...

Snowtongue? Weren't they a Danish death metal band from the 90s?

Blog Archive