I had to ride my third-string bike. The starter bike is still not built after being repainted and the backup bike had an awful noise coming from the bottom bracket. I think the noise is cause to overhaul the BB bearings. I didn't jump into that job because it's a cottered crank. I need new cotters and the loan or purchase of a cotter press. What if it needs more parts than just bearings and cotters?
Each winter, I have big plans to finish bike projects during my down time, but it never happens. Then spring arrives and I hurry to complete my projects.
Here's my list of bike projects (this will help me remember):
- Straighten fork on folding bike
- Overhaul BB on three speed
- Finish rebuilding Maruishi
- Finish converting cross bike to geared machine
- Sell single-speed road bike (install bar tape, tires, other small items)
- Sell coaster-brake cruiser
p.s. I removed comment moderation. What the heck was I thinking anyway?