Sunday, October 03, 2010

Saturday, Oct. 2 HC Ride

I took a strange route to the start of yesterday's HC ride.


Riders are gathering and chatting about the finer points of Nervex lugs and bike routes.

A bike ready for groceries or hunting.

A really nice Raleigh that I shot from the non-drive side on purpose. I've thought about conking the owner of this bike on the head and stealing the bike. It's that nice. The owner keeps wine in the handlebars (pretty smart, huh?).


Some guys got cold before the ride started, so they staged a coup and moved into the sun.


This guy rides a different bike every week.

We ate at Victor's Cafe in Minneapolis. They have fantastic Cuban food.


This is the nastiest port-a-crapper in existence. It was nearly overflowing and that was not the worst of it. But going in one of these beats getting a public indecency charge any day.

3 comments:

Snakebite said...

I hope we go to Victor's on a day I'm in on the ride. Looks like you dudes had a good time.

rigtenzin said...

I tried to take my family to Victor's this morning, but we got cut off by the marathon route and went to Maria's. We still had excellent food.

amidnightrider said...

RYN. I did Holland in 06. I think Hungary/Slovenia would be a hoot.
I would love to see Buda and Pest.