Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Salem Hills Park

Last Sunday, I rode at Salem Hills park in Inver Grove Heights, MN. It's a dirt trail network built by MORC. They've done a great job on the trail. I found it a little too short, but they have more trails planned and after all, you can't get it done overnight.

I did a few laps of of each loop and was ready to head home when I saw two riders start at the trail head. I greeted them and they took of, knowing I was behind them. I followed them and stayed on the second guy's wheel (a safer distance away). They were going faster than I had been earlier and I had to work hard to stick with them.

It was fun to ride with a competitive spirit. I haven't ridden hard with other people like that in a long time.

The next day, I felt great. My legs were fresh and felt powerful. I think riding fast in a competitive way is good for me.

I took a few photos of the beautiful colors in the woods along the trail. I can't get them off of the phone though. I've sent them to myself a couple times and they never arrive at my email addresses (I've tried two different addresses).

No comments:

Blog Archive