Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lutsen Trail Review

My vacation was great. I enjoyed the trails at Lutsen. Before I went, I read the trail reviews at the MORC and MTBR.com websites.

The reviews didn't convince me that I'd like the trails. The reviews were mixed. I was worried that I wouldn't like it. My worries were unnecessary.

I have some suggestions for anyone who wants to ride the Lutsen trails.

  • Get the trail map from the lodge where they rent the bikes.
  • Don't use the chair lifts or tram to get to the top.
  • Pick one of the mountains and find a green trail that takes you to the top or close. Then ride down the mountain on whatever level of trail that suits your skills. Repeat that on each mountain and you'll have a great time.
One of the green trails I rode up was fantastic. It was very rocky. The rocks were the jagged kind that could puncture a tire, but I had no problems.

I saw this deer on the a road and remembered that I had my camera.


This is an underwhelming photo. I was having too much fun riding to stop and take any nice photos. Sorry.

No comments:

Blog Archive