Friday, November 30, 2007

Miscelleanous Items

  • Everytime I look in the medicine cabinet I see this:





  • I installed platform pedals on my commuter bike the other day, because the bike shoes weren't warm enough. The boots shown below came with a label that said they were rated for -10 degrees F. Of course I didn't expect them to keep my feet warm to that temperature while cycling. However, I wish they worked at 10 degrees F above zero. My feet have been cold near the end of my ride to work over the past two days even with the boots, but not miserably so. I'm going to try and find some very thick wool socks. My current ones are medium thickness. Maybe I could use a complete sheep on each foot.

4 comments:

Jeff Moser said...

My feet were the weak point the last winter season. They were cold no matter what I did. I plan to fix that this year. Not sure how yet though...

Matt_J said...

Egad, just look at those boots. Get some of these:
http://tinyurl.com/3dtuvb
and people will stop wondering if you are from one of the mud states south of Iowa.

Matt_J said...

BTW that band-aid box is brilliant and so is the flame-throwing bike!

Eclectchick said...

I'm all about those chemical toe-warmers. Although it would be cost repulsive to use them everyday. Ouch.

Archie McPhee is an awe inspiring etablishment.

Blog Archive