I'm forcing my family to not use the air conditioner in the house. No one has put up a fuss or really even mentioned it. Yesterday was the test -- it reached 89 degrees and was a bit sultry.
My plan is to let us acclimate to the warmth and then we won't care about air conditioning. It seems to be working.
We leave the windows open, use a couple of ceiling fans, and setup a floor standing fan to cool my daughter in her bedroom. She's like a furnace. Winter is her best time.
This morning I noticed a north wind blowing. Usually during the summer this means cooler weather is moving in. As always, heat is short lived in Minnesota.
- ► 2012 (31)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (44)
- My New Source of News
- Don't Ride on the Sidewalk
- More Glove Talk
- To Glove or Not to Glove?
- Gloves or Not?
- Another Farmer's Market
- Historic Ft. Snelling Visit
- Video of Cannon at Ft. Snelling
- Kunstler's Latest Made Me Laugh
- Hiawatha Cyclery Ride, July 12, 2008
- Dangerous when mixed with strong coffee
- Photos from Nazi Occupied France
- Folding Bikes
- Air Conditioning
- ▼ July (14)
- ► 2007 (161)