Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dec. 13 Hiawatha Cyclery Ride

About ten riders turned out for today's HC ride. Most of us complained of being overdressed as the temperature had risen to 20 degrees F and kept climbing throughout the ride. By the end of the ride the snow was mush and didn't provide the oatmeal quality it had earlier in the morning. Oatmeal sounds funny, but it makes handling difficult. It never lasts very long though, because it can only exist in a certain temperature range. When the temps warm up, the oatmeal turns to pudding and when the temps go down, it turns to angry ice.

The sun came out and I think the ride was one of the best ever. I can't tell you why, but that's how I felt.




After the ride, I attended our neighborhood holiday party and ate my weight in egg dishes.

4 comments:

LvilleTex said...

Nothing like holiday yellow and white food. Ahh the bulk.

congrats for a fun ride. I've been considering starting up a casual ride such as the Hiawatha one here in Louisville. Don't know if it would work, but it may be worth a try.

Frostbike said...

I stayed home and fixed my leaking dishwasher. Looks like you were out in my 'hood.

rigtenzin said...

We went to Jurabek's bakery. I'm sure I spelled it wrong. I always want to say Jurassic's.

Snakebite said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't describe the snow as oatmeal, then pudding, and then ice. You need a third food metaphor. Get to it!

Blog Archive