Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Replacement Camera

I lost my pocket camera this summer. It was a Canon A530. I've been trying to make due with the cell-phone cam since then and it's getting old. The cell-phone cam has lots of shortcomings.

I sold a bike the other night and it occurred to me that I could easily replace the missing camera with the bike money. Today, I went to National Camera to buy a camera that's a step down in the Canon line, the A460. When the salesguy handed it to me I liked the feel of it and that's important. He asked me why I picked that particular model. I explained that I lost an A530 and he told me they had refurbished ones for $90.

To heck with the feel. I'm cheap.

Gimme, gimme, gimme!

I went home, loaded the batteries and walked around the house taking photos. Here are some of the them. Photography is fun.


This dried up rose bud reminds me of a jester's hat.



How do they make red leaves?



The heron.



These leaves are the right color.

5 comments:

Doug said...

Nice pictures! My first, and so far, only digital camera is a Canon A620. Works great for me. I only wish is wasn't quite so heavy.

rigtenzin said...

There are other qualities I'd like in my pocket camera, but the costs are prohibitive. Some of those are lighter, water proof, fully manual control, smaller, etc.

Jim Thill said...

Dude, I would have sold you a sweet CUSTOM-MADE oatmeal can pinhole cam for only $79.99.

Jerome said...

Nice pics.

Eclectchick said...

Very nice pics! Love the jester's cap.

P.S. I still think the Raleigh logo looks like a greyhound.

Blog Archive