Saturday, April 29, 2006

Brevets?

For several years, since I read about brevets, I've wanted to participate in them. If you're interested in what they are, see this link.

I've had some knee problems during the corresponding several years. This year, my knees seem better than in the past. This causes me to be hopeful I can ride more long distances. Maybe this will be the year I can do some brevet distances or even participate in one.

Tomorrow, I ride the 60 mile version of the Minnesota Ironman. I'll take it very easy and find out if this is the year for brevets. If my knees don't complain much, maybe I'm ready to ramp up the distance. Years ago, I said that anyone can ride a century if they just take their time, regardless of their condition. I know better now. As we get older, those sorts of things are less predictable.

No comments:

Blog Archive