Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Leaf Mush

On the way to work this morning, I saw lots of leaf mush. It's the stuff we get in the fall when the leaves are piled in the streets and the rain turns them into mush. It's pretty nasty stuff in a turn.

A couple of years ago, I crashed and fell in some of it during an off-road ride. It was wet, cold and really messy.

However, the leaf mush forms the coolest looking patterns. I'll try to get some photos today, before the mush is all mixed together into one color. I would have taken some this morning, but it was dark. We've got some great leaf piles in front of our house.

One of my routes home includes a street with lots of gingko trees. Gingko leaves turn gold from the edges inward. This year they fell before turning entirely gold so they've left a nice mix of green and gold mush.

No really, you have to see it.

No comments:

Blog Archive