Friday, October 13, 2006

No Riding Today

I haven't ridden for the last couple of days and now that my schedule is open enough to ride to work, I have my annual cold. I've gotten a cold every year in the fall since I moved to Minnesota in '94.

It starts as a sore throat and blah, blah, blah. You don't want to hear about my sickness.

The problem is that, each year, after I get over my fall cold, I find the weather has changed while I was sick. The temperatures have dropped and I'm not acclimated in a bike riding way. So I drive my car to work most of the time.

I'm going to try to avoid this cycle of sickness this year. I don't know how, but when this cold goes away, I plan to be back on my bike riding to work even if I'm not acclimated.

I'm going to make some tea now.

That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your cold gets better. I get a nasty cold every fall too. Makes me want to wear a hazardous materials suit all cold and flu season.

rigtenzin said...

I wish there was a way to improve my immune system. Some people never get sick. I need whatever they have.

I can't blame the kids either. This predates the little dudes. I can't blame the office either. I used to work at home all the time and still was the sick guy.

Blog Archive