Thursday, December 20, 2007

Consistent Weather is Good

Riding this week has been great. One of the reasons is that the weather has been consistent from day to day. Because of this, I know how to dress for the temperature.

Here's a photo of the Midtown Greenway in Minneapolis. This is at Bloomington Avenue where I've been entering the trail. For those of you who don't know this trail, it's a converted railway that runs East and West through Minneapolis. It leads to lots of other trails and is well traveled by cyclists.


After the Midtown Greenway Overpass (the bridge over Hiawatha Ave.) was built, it made sense for me to include this as a segment of my ride to work.

Does anyone know how many people ride this trail? I've heard of studies someone conducted recently and so I think this information is out there.

1 comment:

Reflector Collector said...

It sure would be cool if they put in some type of automated user count mechanism for various trails throughout the cities.

This is my first winter commuting and I continue to be impressed with the number of other cyclists that I see. There has NOT been a day that has gone by when I haven't seen another cyclist!

Some way to quantify the number of users would HAVE to benefit the cause.

Blog Archive