I support and encourage the use of bike baskets. To prove it, here's a photo of the support I built for my bike basket. The basket is very helpful carrying things that don't fit in the rear bag or panniers. Equipped this way, the bike can be a real work horse.
I mounted the basket a few months ago on top of a Nashbar front rack. The setup was a little wobbly so I built a support for the basket from aluminum stock. It is a much sturdier setup now.
I couldn't keep the three-speed wheel from slipping in the drop outs. I tried lots of cures that didn't work. That story is worth a post in itself. Last weekend, I installed a derailleur and a wheel with a freewheel. I'm not done with trying the internal hub on this bike, but I needed the bike to work reliably. It's my best bike for riding to work.
- ► 2012 (31)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (44)
- The Winner (by handicap)
- Snickers Eating Contest, 2:20 P.M.
- News Flash!
- Snickers Eating Contest, 1:44 P.M.
- Snickers Eating Contest, 11:27 A.M.
- Snickers Bar Contents: Rules Update
- Snickers Eating Contest, 10:30 A.M.
- Snickers Eating Contest, 10:02 A.M.
- Snickers Eating Contest, 9:50 A.M.
- Snickers Eating Contest
- I Wants My Five Grand!
- Saturday HC Ride
- I got tagged
- The Contents of a Boy's Pockets
- Tandem Riding with Kids
- Flat Tire
- Tagged for Books
- Bike For Sale
- Silly Stuff in the Kitchen
- Flower Report
- Bike Basket Support
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2007 (161)