I admit to reading a blog by James Kunstler. I'm not sure if I read it for the "end time" thinking or the really funny insults aimed at our current way of life.
Here's an example from this week's post by Mr. Kunstler about the mortgage industry situation, "It's hard to imagine what kind of melodramas were unspooling on the Hamptons lawns this weekend, while everybody else in America was watching Nascar, or plying the aisles of BJs Discount Warehouse for next week's supply of mesquite-and-guacamole flavored Doritos, or having flames and chains tattooed on their necks, or lost in a haze of valium and methedrine."
I enjoy his writing, although frequent reading of his blog leaves me with a depressed feeling. Small doses are the best way to handle hist gloomy stuff.
Subscribe to 3-Speed Blog
- ► 2012 (31)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (44)
- My New Source of News
- Don't Ride on the Sidewalk
- More Glove Talk
- To Glove or Not to Glove?
- Gloves or Not?
- Another Farmer's Market
- Historic Ft. Snelling Visit
- Video of Cannon at Ft. Snelling
- Kunstler's Latest Made Me Laugh
- Hiawatha Cyclery Ride, July 12, 2008
- Dangerous when mixed with strong coffee
- Photos from Nazi Occupied France
- Folding Bikes
- Air Conditioning
- ▼ July (14)
- ► 2007 (161)