My search for the right cycling gloves reminds me of some old Cannondale gloves I used to own. They were made of really nice leather and lots of it. They had multiple layers of rich looking, dark brown leather. They had crocheted backs and lasted forever. They were so thick, they felt like pulling on small baseball mitts.
Because they lasted so long, mine were very nasty given the years of sweat they absorbed. When I wiped my brow, I gagged at the smell as they passed near my nose. But I loved those gloves. Cannondale stopped making them when lycra took over. I checked their website and only found the typical lycra-based gloves that I go through like toilet paper.
Do you have any favorite gloves that are durable?
Subscribe to 3-Speed Blog
- ► 2012 (31)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (44)
- My New Source of News
- Don't Ride on the Sidewalk
- More Glove Talk
- To Glove or Not to Glove?
- Gloves or Not?
- Another Farmer's Market
- Historic Ft. Snelling Visit
- Video of Cannon at Ft. Snelling
- Kunstler's Latest Made Me Laugh
- Hiawatha Cyclery Ride, July 12, 2008
- Dangerous when mixed with strong coffee
- Photos from Nazi Occupied France
- Folding Bikes
- Air Conditioning
- ▼ July (14)
- ► 2007 (161)