Friday, July 07, 2006

Denver is Similar to Twin Cities

While in Denver last week I realized the Twin Cities and Denver share many similarities. I wouldn't mind living in either city. (That's a funny way to compliment something.)

Denver has a really nice, clean, busy downtown. It has a mall-style street like Nicollet Mall in Minneapolis. But Denver has free buses traveling on the mall instead of Minneapolis' non-free, loud, stinky busses. The Denver buses run on some sort of hybrid power that is pretty quiet and didn't emit the plumes of black exhaust I see from the Minneapolis busses.

We found lots of nice restaurants in downtown Denver. We went to Six Flags (on the edge of downtown Denver). We attended a Rockies baseball game at Coors field. All the Denver sports stadiums are downtown or at least on the edge of downtown.

The day we got back home, my daughter setup a play area underneath her drawing easel and she put a bunch of toys under it. But I didn't see a theme to her play area. It's usually obvious what she's playing: Polly Pockets, Ponies, etc. But not this time. When I asked her what she was playing, she told me she was homeless. She played homeless for about an hour. I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything.

1 comment:

Sophzilla said...

I think you have a Sedaris-like child on your hands.

Blog Archive