Sunday, September 03, 2006

The St. Paul Classic


I plan to ride in the St. Paul Classic next weekend, Sunday, Sept. 10. I've always wanted to ride on car-free streets through St. Paul. It's pretty expensive ($30), but I've missed it 11 years in a row.

If anyone wants to join me, let me know.

The next weekend, is the All British Cycling Event (ABCE). I'll attend the swap meet and ride. I plan to ride to that one also. That will stretch my personal one-day mileage record for the riding a 3 speed. The ride starts in New Brighton. I guess that's about 12 to 15 miles from my house. The ride is 45 miles. That should be at least 70 miles. That distance is more of a chore on an upright 3 speed than some might think.

By the way, even if you are not interested in this sort of event, take a minute to read the ABCE website. The writing is lots of fun. The guy who puts it all together is very talented in many ways.

4 comments:

Frostbike said...

I've ridden the Classic a couple of times, and it's a great ride. I'm going to try to make it this year too.

Eclectchick said...

OHMIGOSH! The ABCE sounds like a dream for us Anglophiles.

Would I get booed out of town and have overripe tomatoes thrown at me if I show up on my Cervelo?

I can come toting an awesome Cockney, Standard or High British accent . . .

rigtenzin said...

Contact the organizer to see if you can borrow a bike. He's got a million of them. My extra 3 speed has a bent fork, otherwise I'd offer it to you.

Eclectchick said...

Thanks for the lead. I'm verrry tempted. However, with the hamstring nightmare I am still stuck in, I'm even more psycho than usual about my bike fit.

Therefore, only me own bike'll do at present. Maybe next year!

Blog Archive