- The study was conducted in England, so I'm not sure what we can safely learn from it that will apply to the U.S. But it should create some good discussions about helmets.
- They apparently conducted the study in only two cities in the UK.
- I hope we see more studies like this that dig into the issue with some science rather than the typical Myth and Lore of Bicycling Knowledge (MLBK).
- Information like this might prove helpful for people trying to decide about helmet use.
- I oppose any helmet requirements for bicyclists based on the study that shows bicycle use goes down when mandatory helmet laws exist.
Subscribe to 3-Speed Blog
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Thoughts on the Recent UK Helmet Study
Random Thoughts Related to the Recently Released Helmet Study
- ► 2012 (31)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2008 (140)
- ► 2007 (161)
- Levis Trow
- Late State Fair Photo
- Simple or Complicated?
- Thoughts on the Recent UK Helmet Study
- Helmets Cause Auto Drivers to Hit Cyclists?
- St. Paul Bicycle Survey
- St. Paul Classic after Ride Report
- Just a thought about working from home
- My New Headlight Works Great
- The St. Paul Classic
- This Morning's Ride
- ▼ September (12)