Saturday, November 15, 2008

We Like Letterboxing

I regularly read Midnight Rider's blog. He's written about letter boxing and it sounds like fun. I read about letter box locations in my area (Minneapolis, MN) and thought my kids would enjoy it. Today, I picked one location and we found it.

The letter box is located between Ft. Snelling State Park and Minnehaha Falls in Minneapolis. The directions were a bit vague, but I just followed what I felt was the spirit of the directions and we easily found it.

My kids immediately liked it and planned to search for more letter boxes. They even talked about creating our own.

After finding the box, we hiked around the area. It's right next to the Mississippi River.

We found a benchmark too.

4 comments:

Joe said...

FUN!!! My kids and I enjoy geocaching.

Joe in Iowa

Bill Connell said...

I'll have to try this with my kids, they like both geocaching and crafty stuff. It's a good time of year for a tromp through the woods.

red rabbit said...

just be careful...I hear ditch-cogars like to stalk prey around those things

Scorpicon said...

Sounds pretty neat! Hopefully I can make it out to one before it gets too snowy.

Blog Archive