Monday, January 08, 2007

My Lighting Photos are Terrible

I took a few lousy photos that tried to show the light patterns of my lights. They didn't work. I need to go to a dark road and try again.

If you have any photographic suggestions for how to set this up, let me know. I want to show the perspective of an oncoming motorist and that of the rider. By suggestions, I mean camera tips. I'm guessing that twilight would be the best time.

For laughs, I inserted one of the bad photos I took.

The Inoled is on the left and the Cateye is on the right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karl did it, and he includes info on his camera settings, etc.

http://tinyurl.com/lnc8r

KM said...

They are great pics. But I think that light setup is his car light rig which most people would not use.

Anonymous said...

You're going to have to overexpose the lights themselves in order to get any of the background to be visible. You might need to do a bit of a long exposure. If you have a tripod, it shouldn't be a problem, but if not, maybe you can find a solid surface where you can set the camera.

I've never attempted a shot like this myself, though, so I can't say from direct experience.

Blog Archive