Monday, January 08, 2007

A Silent Ride

My ride to work was silent this morning. I left the bike with studded tires in the garage and rode a 3-speed. It has 27" tires and rolls so smoothly compared to the studs that I thought something was wrong. But there was nothing wrong.

Over the past few days, I've become accustomed to the sound of the studs on the road. It sounds like rice crispies popping in milk. None of that today.

Although the forecast is calling for snow this afternoon. I hope I don't pay for my bike choice today. If I do encounter problems, trust me. I'll blog (complain) about it right here.

3 comments:

Frostbike said...

I've grown to hate that rice-crispie sound. To me it means that I'm needlessly wearing down my studs on dry pavement, and I'm also working too damn hard to pedal the bike with those slow, heavy tires on it.

KM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rigtenzin said...

The ride home was even better. I had a tail wind.

Blog Archive