Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Do I Need a Counselor for my Kid?

Here's my son's latest big board drawing.





















He's 10. I was pretty fascinated with shooting and all that when I was his age too. I suppose lots of guys are.



My daughter's big board drawing is a contrast.


These come from a 4'x5' white board we have in our house. Our kids and their friends love to draw on it. It seems to be more popular than the TV or video games for now.

My daughter had an interesting thought yesterday. She said it would be fun if we all looked like how we draw ourselves. This led to the invention of an entire world where we get to draw ourselves again on each of our birthdays. Toddlers look like scribbles and some people are incomplete. I wish I had recorded it all.

5 comments:

Scorpicon said...

I would worry less about whether or not he needs a counselor, and more about which studio you will shop him to for his own cartoon series.

Also, whiteboards rock.

Jeff Moser said...

I was drawing Star Wars and space battle stuff at that age. I love all the shell casings.

Eclectchick said...

Wonderful to hear that there are kids who find drawing more fun than sitting slack-jawed in front of the tele.

Anonymous said...

I find it interesting the way he styled his figures. They seem like they are taken from some flash animations I've seen. I don't think a kid would have drawn that way in the 70s

I was into drawing aftermaths of battles with piles of bodies.

your daughter's pictures are nearly exact replicas of my daughter's pictures.

Sophzilla said...

It's such a weird contrast between the actual kid and the violent drawings. Your kids are the coolest!

Blog Archive